The Vortex 5 is a vehicle available in Midnight Club II. It is unlocked after beating "Ricky's Revenge" in Tokyo.
TIghtly tuned suspension. Excels in alleys.
Unlocked by beating Ricky in Tokyo.
It's unlocked by beating Primo's first race. However, It is not kept for the player, since it is given to Gina as a temporary car for the rest of Paris. Once in Tokyo, it's stolen by Ricky. By beating his two races, you will unlock the car for your own driving pleasure.
It resembles a 1990 Toyota MR-2 with the headlights of a 1999 Toyota Celica and tail lamps from a Mitsubishi 3000GT.
- It is the only electric car to appear in the entire series.
- The Vortex 5, despite apparently being an electric car, has exhaust pipes due to the use of nitrous and having an engine and gear changing sound.
- The Vortex 5 is the only car to be owned by three racers, Primo, Gina and Ricky.
- A vortex is a whirling mass of air, especially one in the form of a visible column or spiral, as a tornado.
- It has the selection sound of the Kuruma Faasuto from Midnight Club: Street Racing, albeit 3 seconds longer.